Take a look inside the showroom:
How it all started
Respect for nature and animals is hard to find in this day and age. I was harshly confronted with this when I came to an abattoir years ago. Curious as I am, I opened a garbage container and found a true tragedy. A container with dead pheasants; they were rejected because they were a bit too skinny.
The next container was full of rabbits; also rejected. Don't ask me why, the last container had me nailed to the ground. Two brown eyes of a fallow deer gazed at me in agony, totally mutilated, only killed for the tenderloin, the remainder was inconvenient waste.
What are we doing in our throw-away society? Respect for nature is ebbing away. For me this was the message "do something about it" and that's what I did.
The hides and skins are being tanned and thus get a new life to let us humans enjoy their softness from which we as a human race can learn a lot, as it was meant in the ancient times.
In this way I hope to be able to contribute to a renewed awareness for the people, to have more respect for the animals. There are more beautiful things about an animal than just meat!
5 reasons why the skins are 'honest'
1. No animal has been bred or specially slaughtered because of its skin.
The hides are a residual product from the meat processing industry or come from controlled hunting. The hides and skins are tanned and thus given a new life, so that we humans can enjoy their colour and softness from which we as a human race can learn a lot, as it was meant in ancient times.
2. All hides are tanned as naturally as possible
Because everything is treated as naturally as possible, all skins are safe for children, pets and of course for yourself.
3. The origin of the skins is known
Over time I have built up a reliable network of people with the same mindset, so I always know where the skins come from. Important here is that the skins do not come from developing countries, so you have certainty about good working conditions and animal welfare, in contrast to discounters and 'one-day flies'.
4. The skins are hand-picked
I vouch for all the skins I sell. That's why I select each skin by hand and check it for quality. Because I have been doing this for 20 years, I can guarantee that everything is of premium quality!
5. Contributing to a more sustainable world
- All of this I do from a deep respect for nature.
- The skins are not trown away like garbage, but get a second life.
- The tanning proces is as ecologically as possible, so a minimum impact on the envirionment, better working conditions and safer for you, your pets and your furniture.
- I send all orders in recycled boxes.
- None of the skins come from developing countries or other far away places to minimize transportation.
I hope to be able to contribute to a renewed awareness for the people, to have more respect for the planet and the animals that live on it. There are more beautiful things about an animal than just meat...
Heartline's mission is to give hides, leather and premium quality accessories a second life, with deep respect for nature and the animals that are part of it.
The skins, hides, accessories and leather of Heartline:
- ...are of known and trusted origin
- ...don't come from Third World countries, Asia, or other parts of the world where they don't take animal and human rights very seriously...
- ...come from tanners and fur workers who work as ecologically as possible...
- ...are sent in recycled boxes
- ...was officially founded in 2002, but Joop has already gained experience with hides and skins out of personal interest.
- ...has started a webshop since January 2014 to also serve customers who want to shop from home.
- ...is based in Annen
...is open 7 days a week by appointment.
- ...can be visited by contacting +31(0)6 542 44 841 or via the contactform.
Heartline is registered in Anloo under KVK number 34175489. The VAT number is NL001121589B77.
- In name of: Heartline Huiden
- IBAN: NL81 INGB 000 935 8092
- BIC: INGBNL2A
Joop can be reached via the contactform, or 7 days a week at +31(0)6 542 44 841 between 09:00 - 20:00.
Open as usual!
Heartline is, as usual, open every day (by appointment)! Joop helps you with just as much enthusiasm, but now at an appropriate distance from each other!
[WEBWINKELKEURWIDGET layout=new_default theme=light color=#80B352 show=yes view=slider amount=6 width=auto height=250px interval=8000 language=1 inline=0]
European premium quality
Showroom in Annen (Dr)