Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
No question is stupid! However, some questions are asked more often than others. That's why all frequently asked questions are listed here! Every now and then new questions and answers are added.
What do you mean by 'authentic skins' and by 'respect for nature'?
- There are several reasons for this! I mention all 5 extensively on this page!
Why is the showroom open by appointment?
- Honestly, I'm not the type to sit still in a shop. I like to be on the road. On the other hand, I like to take all the time for you when you call me or send me an e-mail text or WhatsApp to make an appointment!
My sheepskin is dirty, may I wash it?
Do you have special prices if I want to make a large order?
- For companies (business to business - B2B) that want to buy larger numbers of skins (>10) at the same time, Joop can in many cases agree on a wholesale price with you. Look at our B2B page for more information.
Do the skins lose hair/fur?
- Because Heartline only works with a-quality skins, there is a very small chance that your skin will shed a lot of hair. The skins are tanned thickly so that the hair follicles are not cut away with the leather. This way they stay in place much better. The ecological tanning also contributes to this!
- Attention: A reindeer skin can shed hair! This has to do with the fact that these animals have hollow hairs to better protect themselves against the cold. Compared to other suppliers, Heartline does have good, thick quality reindeer skins, which reduces hair loss.
Why do you charge shipping costs? Isn't that old-fashioned?
Heartline is (fortunately!) not a big company and unfortunately it is not possible to ship orders for free without artificially increasing the price for the customers who buy the skins in the showroom! In this way, everyone gets a unique product for a fair price, packed with personal attention and brought to the post office especially for you!
Customers who order above €50,- and shipping within the Netherlands don't pay shipping costs! (To other countries above €100,-).
I have a special wish / am looking for something I can't find anywhere
- Joop has built up a reliable network of professionals and connoisseurs around him over the past 20 years. You can always call Joop to ask if he can trace exactly that one skin for you, or if he keeps his eyes open for a specific skull. Also if you are looking for a certain colour or size of sheepskin that fits exactly in your interior, Joop can have it made to measure. Note, not everything is possible of course. Even Joop is bound by the laws of nature and cannot find a unicorn for you ;)
My favourite cow died. Do you also take on tanning jobs?
No, unfortunately I don't have the possibility of tanning hides myself. I also know from experience that most tanneries often don't take on individual tanning orders.
10% off ALL product with the code 'VJ21'! Until March 1st.
Click & Collect
Heartline is open for pick-up! Just place your order, select 'pick-up' and make an appointment with Joop to collect your products.
[WEBWINKELKEURWIDGET layout=new_default theme=light color=#80B352 show=yes view=slider amount=6 width=auto height=250px interval=8000 language=1 inline=0]
Showroom in Annen (Dr)